Search This Blog

26 November 2014

Where there's a will there's a way...

Day 20 of Te@chThought's Attitude of Gratitude Blogging Challenge

What is one life lesson that you are thankful for having learned?


I know that I have already mentioned this saying as one of my favorite quotes but it is something that I also am grateful for having learned--Where there's a will there's a way. Don't give up.  While for many it may just be another hackneyed cliche but for me, they are words I live by.  I can't begin to count all the times someone tried to make me believe that something couldn't be done or that an outcome would be unfavorable.  However, I think that these instances have just pushed me in the opposite direction.  I set goals and do all I can to reach them.  For me, it is important to always have something to aspire to because it's what pushes me and keeps me going.  I have been fortunate enough in my professional life and personal life to have realized so many goals.  And although I am grateful for everything I have, it doesn't stop me from wanting more.  And by wanting more, I realize I could seem greedy but wanting more is not just about material things for me.  Sure it would be nice to have lots of money so I could become the jet-setter I always wanted to be.  And now you're thinking, are you sure you're not greedy?  Well, maybe just a little but some of my goals are to write a book, run a half marathon and learn a few more languages and go to as many concerts as I can!

True failure is giving up.



No comments:

Post a Comment