Search This Blog

16 November 2014

I'm grateful...

Day 12 of Te@chThought's November Blogging Challenge 


Share a photo – or photos – of things / people you are grateful for.

There are so many things that I am grateful for, although I'm not always so demonstrative in how grateful I am.  It's easy to get caught up in negativity because it's just too easy.  It's like eating unhealthily- too easy and cheaper. I know some will disagree and to those of you who do, I'd love to follow some of your glass half-full examples. For the time being, I'll have to hope that this blogging challenge will bring out the better in me.

One thing that I am grateful first and foremost is my family. I know my life would be completely different and even knowing this, I wouldn't change it for anything.  This life has certainly had its ups and downs but it's what keeps me going.  Creating family memories, like the one below (eating dinner in Vico del Gargano, Puglia, Italy) and others are what are going to be our history.




Of course I would be remiss if I were not to express my gratitude for my career.  I started teaching 15 years ago and it was one of the best life decisions I have ever made.  I honestly could not see myself doing anything else.  





















Another thing I am grateful for is the opportunity to travel.  If I hadn't had the experiences I have had or hadn't seen the beauty that exists beyond my backyard, I would be a completely different person.  Below are a few examples of places I have visited that have left an impression.  
London, Tower Bridge


Eiffel Tower, France

Cefalu, Sicily

Rainbow over Vico del Gargano, Italy


Some things that I am grateful for that speak to my senses:

- Coffee: I just don't know how I would get through a day without it!
- Music: A day without music for me is nonexistent.  I do almost everything to music. My life would have the most awesome soundtrack.  Almost everything reminds me of a song and I often interrupt my own lessons to interject musical interludes!
- Food: I could write forever about food. Food and I have had a very intimate relationship for about as long as I have been eating.  
- Books: Although I don't get to read as often as I would like with my hectic life, I have a never-ending list of books that I want to read.  Although I love my career, sometimes, I can't wait for the summer so I can escape into as many books as I can!

It's not an exhaustive list by any means but it's a start! 

No comments:

Post a Comment