Search This Blog

11 November 2014

A memorable moment...

Today's prompt from the Te@chThought November Blogging Challenge is:  

Write about a memorable moment in the classroom and how it reminded you about why you love what you do.

Each day, in my classroom, I am reminded that I love what I do in some way.  From the way that my students treat me to seeing the proverbial light bulb go on when a student "gets it."  Knowing that you are respected and loved as a teacher certainly makes your job more enjoyable.  Witnessing a students understanding what you are teaching is also rewarding.  Just yesterday, a former student came to visit and told me that he's going to be in Italy in March to play basketball and hopes that he may even be picked up by an Italian team.  How awesome is that? 

I feel like there are so many moments that I could point out that remind me that I'm doing what I'm meant to do that sometimes they just blend into categories like: former students' visits, former students' letters/emails, witnessing learning, being respected and loved.  

The most recent moment I can recall was when I was teaching my 3 1/2 yr olds.  They were so proud to shout to out "Buongiorno, Mr. Matt." And later, I would receive a huge hug from Dylan and Daniel would tell me that he loves being in Italian class.  What better reason to love what you're doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment