Search This Blog

28 September 2014

Technology and curriculum

Day 28 - Reflective Teacher Blogging Challenge

Should technology drive curriculum, or vice versa?

For me, this is a no-brainer.  I've said many times how I feel a bit behind technology-wise, but I do recognize its utility in a classroom.  That said, what I have been doing is to develop my lessons and curriculum and adding to their effectiveness by incorporating technology. The Internet is a wonderful, rich tool that can make any illustrating a point as easy as plugging a phrase into Google.  Google docs are a great way to share documents and collect information. YouTube is one of my fave go-to's for Italian music or other authentic language. However, all of these resources are almost useless if there is no substance (curriculum) behind them.  I have had the opportunity to observe other teachers who were among the most tech-savvy you could find.  One thing stood out- those who used technology as a means of support rather than THE lesson had hands down the most effective lessons.


No comments:

Post a Comment